Whoever Said Sunshine Brings Happiness Has Never Danced In The Rain

Whoever Said Sunshine Brings Happiness Has Never Danced In The Rain
WHOEVER SAID THAT SUNSHINE BRINGS HAPPINESS HAS NEVER DANCED IN THE RAIN

Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Sometimes God Doesn't Show You the Blueprint, Just the Next Step"

When "waiting on God" I have to fight the urge and tendency to get anxious and run up ahead of God and "help him out" like I, oh so often, am tempted to do when "waiting". I have learned, from experience, that although my intentions may not be bad, I must be patient and restrain myself from setting myself back by running up ahead and messing things up with what I think is best.

I'm a "planner". I like plans. I can pretty much already tell you what 2013 is going to look like for me (or what I want it to look like)....wait...see there I go again, with the running up ahead thing. Ok, so Im a work in progress. What I mean is, I think when it comes to "change" in our life, we'd all like some kind of explanation, road map, itinerary, or blueprint of what's going to happen, how it's going to happen, how long it's going to take, and what the end result is going to be. And on top, we want complete control and full say in all of the above. But see "Sometimes God Doesn't Show You the Blueprint, Just the Next Step" 


I'm learning that although I may not know the entire plan, I know that by being obedient, activating my faith & taking the next step God is asking me to/when He is asking me to, He is laying down a path for me, on His timing not mine, in a direction that He is leading me in, and He will never lead me wrong. I also know that within this path He is laying down for me, is what He is calling me to do for Him and the person He is molding me to become for Him. In my case, not just for me, but for my family. 


So, no, He may not give me the blueprint to His entire plan for my life. He may not explain to me all at once what the "change" in my life is all about. He may not give me a handy "How-To Manual" with all the directions I need for the rest of my life....He may show me One. Step. at a time. And that's OK. Because I know that with each step He asks me take He will give me what I need to get there. With each step that I take He will open another door for me to walk through. And with each step that He reveals He will be holding my hand the entire journey He sets before me.
So this is me, butterflies in my stomach, nervous but excited, anxious but I wont run up ahead, ready to leap but careful, as I hear Him say
 "Ready....Set.... Take my hand...Let's Go"

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

No comments:

Post a Comment